to save this item to your jcp.com account
Martha Stewart’s Homekeeping Handbook
Whether your home is small or large, an apartment in the city or a country cottage, it is a space that should be at once beautiful and livable. The key to that is managing the upkeep without feeling flustered. Until now, there has never been a comprehensive resource that not only tells how to care for your home and everything in it, but that also simplifies the process by explaining just when. With secrets from Martha Stewart for accomplishing the most challenging homekeeping tasks with ease, this detailed and comprehensive book is the only one you will need to help you keep your home looking its best, floor to ceiling, room by room.
- unparalleled expertise in home maintenance and care
- readable and practical—graced with charts, sidebars, illustrated techniques, and personal anecdotes from Martha’s decades of experience caring for her homes
- covers everything from properly executing a living room floor plan to setting a formal table; from choosing HEPA filters to sealing soapstone countertops; from organizing your home office to polishing your silver and caring for family heirlooms
organized for clarity and maximum practicality:
- room by room – covers the upkeep of appliances, tools, furnishings, and surfaces found in each room
- throughout the house – instructs the reader on the proper ways to routinely clean and periodically maintain everything in the home, including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, polishing, scrubbing, waxing and much more
- comfort and safety – focuses on techniques to ensure your home is running properly and safely, such as recognizing when to clean vents, fixing a leaky faucet, and eradicating pests
- a-to-z materials guide – provides an invaluable resource that explains the unusual materials that many favorite objects are made of—from abalone to zinc—and how to care for them so they last
- a must-have for everyone who wants a well-cared-for home that will endure for generations
Hardcover. 752 pages. Measures 7.75x2.12x9.5". Made in America.