Rated 5 out of 5 by Pokey This product far exceeds the description of its cleaning abilities!
I thought my house was fairly clean. Vacuumed with the Dyson and the finest dirt and silt and dog hair was captured and easily disposed of. Was amazed at what had accumulated using another brand name of cleaner. Would not trade it for machine costing much more money as I cannot imagine it doing a better job.
October 7, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by momof4 smaller than I expected but works great
we have 4 dogs and was fighting dog hair but now it picks up after them wonderfully
August 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Craig Excellent Product
I was amazed with the amount of dirt and dog hair that this vacuum picked up and I love how light it is. The only thing I would change is the canister size, it could be a little bigger.
August 12, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Molich This model delivers EVERY outcome it promises!
Easy to assemble, a pleasure to use - and with a dog in the house that sheds, it's an excellent addition to my 'hairy life'!!!
July 8, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by tmac2468 DC50
We've had the DC50 for about 3 weeks now.
The pros are as follows:
1. Love how light it is compared to our older Dyson, which is still in use - with the help of some duct tape.
2. Really like the roller ball. It is much easier to move around with minimal effort.
3. With two dogs that shed, it really does a good job picking up the hair.
1. The container that holds the dirt, hair, etc is very small compared to our older Dyson, which means we are emptying it more.
2. We would like the electircal cord to be longer.
3. We're very concerned about the vacuum head that adjusts between carpet and tile floors automatically. It appears to be very flimsy in structure. My fear is while vacuuming, if you hit the corner of a table, a chair, etc. on accident, the head will break. And, from what we've seen from licensed Dyson repair shops, they are very expensive to repair.
August 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by TOGA DC 50, what a machine!
This is our first Dyson, and it rocks. Why? As a test, we first vacuumed one bedroom's carpet with our other upright we've been using for years. Then we vacuumed the same area with the new DC50. Result? The canister had more cat hair and dirt than our well-known upright brand could extract!!
Then we vacuumed the rest of the house (combos of small mats, vinyl, hardwood laminate, carpet) and it got all those much much cleaner than our well-known upright ever has! I mean, it does indeed transition from carpet, to vinyl, to door mats with ease - just as Dyson advertises.
We met one person who's had their Dyson for 10 years(!) and they said it still works flawlessly. Met another person who's used one for a year, and they love it.
Then I vacuumed two sofas, and it pulled off more cat dander and cat hair --- that we didn't even know was there (and couldn't see)! We don't even let our cat sleep on the sofas, but cat hair made it there from our laps. We do like this vacuum!
September 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Karen This is my first Dyson vacuum and I am pleasantly impressed!
I have 2 cats, one with with long hair and I am very please with how this vacuum sucked up the hair and pet dander each time I vacuum which is about 3 times a week. Almost filling the dirt cup each time (and that's ok with me!)
April 9, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mamaof3girls Good for small home or apartment
This little machine does ok, but I wish I would've gone with the bigger animal model. It's compact size would be ideal for a small apartment or small home with minimal space, but I find that with a larger house and more than one animal that the bin just isn't big enough. I miss my older, larger model the DC28 Animal. I find that I'm emptying the bin 2-3 times per room and it really is just unproductive with my large home. My recommendation is to be sure you read specs closely before purchasing to be sure you choose the correct model for your living space.
August 16, 2015