Bob Harper: The Skinny Rules
With so much conflicting weight-loss advice out there to confuse your efforts, it's no wonder you haven't been successful losing weight and keeping it off. But with Bob Harper, superstar trainer and co-host of NBC's hit show, The Biggest Loser, as your personal authority and coach, you can, and will, finally shed the pounds—whether you want to lose two or two hundred!
- The Skinny Rules will help you step away from a reliance on processed foods and the need for so much sweet and salt, and step into a newly thin lifestyle
- Bob's vast knowledge of nutrition, weight-loss strategy and human nature is distilled down to twenty simple, nonnegotiable principles
- find a month's worth of menu plans, and more than 90 delicious, rule-abiding recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, to keep you cooking and eating skinny for life
- also included are terrific tips for what to stock in your fridge and what to prepare every weekend in order to set yourself up for success during your too-busy-to-cook weekdays
- rule #3: eat protein at every meal, making some kind of fish your go-to protein as often as you can. take your weight and divide it by two—that's more or less how much protein you should be eating in grams every day.
- rule #15: eat at least ten meals a week at home (and cook them yourself). restaurant portions are usually 40 to 50 percent bigger than what you'd serve at home—the more you eat out, the more you overeat. set yourself up for success by preparing turkey meatballs, hummus and roasted vegetables on the weekend so that you will have go-to staples—and no excuses!
- rule #18: go to bed slightly hungry. denied fuel for more than five hours, your body will start burning its own fat and sugar. make a point not to eat after dinner and you'll be burning fat while you're sleeping
- rule #20: enjoy a splurge meal once a week. unlike episodic bingeing, splurge meals are an ingredient in your diet. when you plan something, you are in control
Hardbound; 304 pages. Made in America.