Rated 2 out of 5
by MrsAldeanOnline 50/50 picks up but i hate using it
1) the hose is TOO short. it's a stretch to clean in my vehicle or behind furniture. you have a 2' reach. you can't pull it or it will break
2) there is a loud humming/whistling noise that started two weeks after purchase. I checked all the parts...no clogs found, so I'm not sure what is causing it
3) dirt accumulates on the outside of the vacuum. I'm having to wipe dust off around the entire outside. no different from other vacuums though
4) emptying the flip-open dirt cup gets to be a mess. the dirt doesn't just slide out. you have to reach in with your hand and pull out. it empties from the bottom. pic include in this review
5) there are several filters which is nice. you can pull out, wash and air dry.
6) long cord so it reached nearly everywhere without having to constantly unplug and find another outlet.
7) decent price for the product
8) suction is good- hopefully it remains that way
March 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by buckeyeterry Avoid this product
Less than 10 days the machine stopped and started. Ihad to let the machine cool down to work. I will send this back
March 30, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Connie This product has great features for the price.
I like that it's light and there are not bags to change.
March 30, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by porgysmom Very pleased
It's kind of scary the dirt this vacuum picks up! Bought based on price and reviews. Cord is a bit short but the power more than makes up for that. I imagine the cord will stretch a bit with use as well.
February 24, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Motherof4 Didn't realize what I was missing!
I Inherited my old vacuum cleaner as a newly wed 20+ years. I was completely satisfied and had replaced parts to keep it. I had been looking a vacuums but was hesitant to make the move because so many are on the market. I was attracted to the Hoover wind tunnel for the quality and the price. My carpets now look newer and refreshed.
February 18, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Villanova Great price for a basic vacuum
Bought this vacuum during one of JC Penney's online sales--right price for a basic vacuum.
Other reviews listed this as a "heavy" vacuum--get to the gym people! This is NOT a heavy vacuum at all--average size and weight.
March 2, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by peejay1969 Decent vacuum
This is the light (or cheaper) version of the last Hoover I had, which was the one specifically marketed towards pet owners. This one works just as well. The WindTunnel is fairly light, sucks well and doesn't leave leftovers behind, and is easy to empty. The HEPA filter is easy to clean, as well. Several attachments and an easy to get to hose to use them with. This is a great basic vacuum cleaner.
February 5, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by charger39 Hoover Vacuum cleaner
Does a very efficient job.Although it is a little heavy to push but as i said it does a very efficient cleaning job.The first vacuum I ever had was a Hoover and that was 50+ years ago for a wedding present from my mother-in-law and it probably still works but i could not get bags for it. I am hoping this one will last half as long.
February 3, 2016