The long-awaited cookbook by Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen—home cook, photographer, and celebrated food blogger. Deb loves to cook. She isn't a chef or a restaurant owner–she's never even waitressed. Cooking in her tiny Manhattan kitchen was, at least at first, for special occasions—and, too often, an unnecessarily daunting venture. She found herself overwhelmed by the number of recipes available to her. So Deb founded her award-winning blog, Smitten Kitchen, on the premise that cooking should be a pleasure, and that the results of your labor can—and should—be delicious every time. She has dedicated herself to creating and finding the best of the best and adapting the recipes for the everyday cook. And now, with the same warmth, candor and can-do spirit her blog is known for, Deb presents her first cookbook.
- more than 100 recipes–almost entirely new, plus a few favorites from the site—all gorgeously illustrated with hundreds of her beautiful color photographs
- The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook is all about approachable, uncompromised home cooking
- find better uses for your favorite vegetables such as: asparagus blanketing a pizza; ratatouille dressing up a sandwich; cauliflower masquerading as pesto
- other recipes include: mushroom bourguignon; chocolate hazelnut crepe cake; salads and slaws that make perfect side dishes (or a full meal); savory tarts and galettes
- these are recipes you'll bookmark and use so often they become your own, recipes you'll slip to a friend who wants to impress her new in-laws, and recipes with simple ingredients that yield amazing results in a minimum amount of time
- Deb tells you her favorite summer cocktail; how to lose your fear of cooking for a crowd; and the essential items you need for your own kitchen
Hardbound; 336 pages. Made in America.
Web ID: 7821911
Same Day Pick UpNeed it right away? Confirm availability & buy online, pick it up at your store.
Convenient Shipping OptionsNot available at your store? We can ship to you directly or to your favorite JCP location.
Easy ReturnsShop with confidence. Read our full, common sense return policy.
Questions & Answers