Christmas time is upon us and while we are busy strategizing our décor with twinkly lights, wreaths, and stocking set up, gift wraps can also make or break your holiday spirit. After all, they sit under the tree as the days lead up to Christmas. Your perfectly gift-wrapped presents can add oodles of excitement and suspense. This season kick it up a notch with JCPenney and make your gifts a part of your décor theme, you have come to the right place. We bring you the tools and tricks to make your holiday season that much special.
All the Things You Need
Indulge in the warm, fuzzy feeling of Christmas with our holiday-themed gift wraps and gift bags. Let it jingle all the way with gift wraps and bags in bright red and plaid patterns or “sleigh” that perfectly wrapped present, featuring Rudolph and Merry Christmas patterns. No matter your gift is big or small, we have bags in small, medium, or large sizes that fit the bill. Gifting a bouquet of wine to the wine lover? Go for elegant wine bags that will not fail to impress. Below you will find a few tricks on how to wrap your Christmas gift and how to put tissue paper in a gift bag.
What You’ll Need
- Loads of our Christmas-themed wrapping paper.
- Scissor and tape.
Steps to Follow to Gift Wrap Like A Pro
- If you’re going for a gift box, make sure your fragile gifts are within your box is bubble wrapped or cushioned well with tissue papers.
- Measure the right amount of wrapping paper for your box by placing it right in the middle of the paper upside down. Make sure the seams of the paper are at the bottom of the package. Now bring the paper up on one side and over the top of the box. Estimate how much paper you might need to cover the box and then cut the paper.
- Let your gift rest in the center and bring one side of the paper up halfway across the top, and affix it with tape. Before you move over to the second side of the paper up, create a clean seam by folding over the last half inch using your fingers to create a tight crease.
- Now bring the other side, so it just overlaps the first one and stick it with tape. Starting on one end, fold the top flap onto one side of the box. This step creates two wings. Flatten these against the box and fold the remaining triangle of paper against it. Stick it with a tape and repeat this step on the other side as well. Voila! Your gift is wrapped.
The Art of Stuffing Tissue Paper in Gift Bags
Who said creatively folded tissue paper is not art? We have a few tricks up our sleeves for a perfect-looking gift bag. Pick one color for the tissue papers or go for a combination of colors for a pop of brightness.
- Lay the tissue paper flat and grab the tissue paper either horizontally or vertically, depending on the size of the gift bag. Now bring them toward one another.
- Gather paper in the middle with a firm grip while you use your other hand to tug lightly on the edges of the paper. This will create creases to your tissue paper and make it look like a fan.
- Now, fold the side together so that they meet to form a larger fan. Repeat these steps for single tissue paper and tuck it into the gift bag. These gift bags work well with wine bottles and other small gifts.
You could also go for additional accessories by adding finishing touches like bows, glitter, and lace detail for your special someone. Check out our entire collection of gift wraps, bags, and tools for a oh-oh-oh happy Christmas. Snap a few pictures of your presents wrapped from JCPenney and tag #AllAtJCP. Then, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to see if you are featured.