Summer is showing signs of arrival, and this usually means one thing – loads of sun-seeking adventures and the good old-fashioned barbeques. Imagine basking in the warm sun with a chilled beverage in one hand and the aroma of sizzling meat on the grill. If you’re drooling already and planning for a cookout, JCPenney has got your back. Whether you’re cooking for two or a large group, we have the tools required to tame the flame. Choose from grill pans, aprons, carving knives, grill sheets, and other essentials you’ll need to make your barbeque a hit! Check out our quick checklist that’ll help you find all the grilling tools you’ll need.
It’s imperative that you have all the magical sauces. From marinating the meat to fixing your burger patties, it’s these little things that make your food delicious. To help you get that juicy meat, here are a few things that should be on the top of your list.
- Meat Claw: A handy barbeque tool and perfect if you have a charcoal smoker. It’s shaped like a bear claw and will help you pull apart juicy brisket and other cuts with ease.
- Long-Handled Tongs: Consider stainless steel for easy cleaning and to cut down cross-contamination. Opt for nylon head tongs to turn food without damaging your nonstick grill pans.
- Skewers: Go for this cactus-shaped skewer that prevents food from spinning and sliding as would on round skewers.
Other Barbeque Tools
You may still find yourself wanting other tools. While the above list is a great place to start with, here is a checklist of other essentials.
- Grilling gloves: Light and comfortable in design, it allows dexterity when in use and is also insulated to protect from heat.
- Basting Brush: Applying sauce during the last few minutes of grilling meat becomes easy. Consider a heat-resistant silicone brush for a hassle-free barbeque experience.
- Instant-Read Thermometer: Go for one that provides quick, accurate reading in both Fahrenheit and Celsius to check meat temperature.
- Grill Press: Whether it’s the burger patties or a steak, everything becomes easy with this.
- Spatula: It allows you to flip burgers or slide under a filet fish with ease. Silicone or metal spatulas work great for grilling.
- Grilling Apron: Holds onto all your utensils and keeps you squeaky clean.
- Wooden Cutting Board: Though most of the preparation is done in the kitchen, you’ll still need a cutting board when you are carving a big piece of cooked meat, like pork tenderloin or chicken.
- Craving Knife: An essential addition to your barbeque tool and invest in a sturdy one for it to last long.
The Coolest After Party
Before you kick up your feet and consider relaxing for the rest of the day, you need to take care of the cleaning part. And if your guest offers to help, take it!
- Barbeque Grill Brush: Invest in a good brush for the longevity of your grill and improve the taste of the food next time you cook. Ensure to scrub the grates while it’s still warm to remove any residue of burnt food. You could also use a hardwood scrape to remove tough debris from grates.
Pro Tip: Keep a fire extinguisher handy because grease flare-ups can quickly become dangerous.
At JCPenney, you’ll also find serveware and barware to make your Summer parties a huge hit. Enjoy the season with your best buddies and share pictures of your celebrations with us by tagging #AllAtJCP. Then, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to see if you are featured.