Following a comprehensive review of the JCPenney retail footprint, we announced several phases of store closures in 2020, part of our store optimization strategy that began in June and included plans to close up to 200 stores throughout our financial restructuring.
While store closure decisions are never easy, our store optimization strategy is intended to better position JCPenney to drive sustainable, profitable growth. We will continue to operate the majority of our stores and our flagship store, jcp.com, to ensure our valued customers continue to have access to the products and brands they need and want. Please see the FAQ section below for more information.
Why is my local store closing?
Following a comprehensive review of our retail footprint during the restructuring process, JCPenney made the difficult decision to announce more than 170 store closures in 2020. We will continue to operate the majority of our stores and our flagship store, jcp.com, to ensure our valued customers continue to have access to the products and brands they need and want.
What is the JCPenney return policy in closing stores?
JCPenney items purchased prior to the start of the liquidation sale may be returned or exchanged throughout the entire liquidation sale at closing stores. Contact your local store for more details. Final sales vary by location.
How is JCPenney handling Buy Online Pickup in Store, Same Day Pickup, or Ship to Store orders in closing stores?
When liquidation sales begin, we will no longer offer Buy Online Pickup in Store, Same Day Pickup, or Ship to Store orders at closing locations. However, existing orders may still be retrieved at closing stores.
Is Curbside pickup available in closing stores?
Curbside pickup is only available for existing online orders at closing stores. The service will no longer be available for new orders.
Will JCPenney and Sephora gift cards continue to be honored at closing store locations?
• Customers can continue to use their Sephora inside JCPenney gift card at any open Sephora inside JCPenney store for Sephora product.
• Customers can continue to use their JCPenney gift card at any JCPenney store or on jcp.com for JCPenney merchandise including JCPenney Beauty.
• Customers can continue to redeem Sephora gift cards at any open Sephora inside JCPenney store through 1/29/23.
• Gift cards will not be sold at select store closing locations.
Can I still redeem and earn JCPenney Rewards in closing store locations?
• JCPenney Rewards can be earned at select closing locations through the end of the closing sale.
• Rewards can be redeemed at select closing locations through the end of the closing sale.
• Rewards can always be redeemed at our flagship store, jcp.com, or other open JCPenney stores.
What are JCPenney’s store hours?
Store hours vary by location. To find out your local store’s hours, please use our “find a store” feature on jcp.com.
How is JCPenney helping customers minimize contact when checking out inside the store?
We’ve installed plexiglass shields at each register in use and placed social distancing markers on our floors. In addition, customers can use the JCP app to make a mobile wallet payment and request an email receipt for Contactless checkout.